Abortion affects everyone differently. Some suffer symptoms immediately after having the procedure. Others go years before realizing the negative impact on their lives. Many suffer in silence for years in utter agony punishing themselves.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you are not alone:
- Anxiety disorders
- Outbursts of anger or rage
- Aggressive behavior
- Difficulty concentrating
- Nightmares or sleeping disorders
- Recurrent and intrusive thoughts about the abortion or the aborted child
- Flashbacks to the abortion experience
- Feelings of intense grief or depression on the due date of the aborted pregnancy or the anniversary of the abortion
- Repression or denial of feelings about the abortion
- Efforts to avoid activities or situations which remind them of the pregnancy or the abortion
- Inability to maintain loving or trusting relationships
- A sense of hopelessness or futility about the future
- Diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Emotional numbness
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Suicidal thoughts or acts
- Eating disorders
- Other self-destructive tendencies
This list is not comprehensive; you can experience other symptoms not listed above.
There is hope – let us help you.
Oasis Medical Center offers a Bible study, Forgiven and Set Free, which can be life altering for the man or woman who has experienced abortion. The study can be done in a group setting or one on one, depending on the individual. The study is God’s Word and what He says about abortion and how to apply it to your life. The study is free and confidential.
Please call 662.287.8001 or come by for an appointment or for more information about the study. Please ask for Darlene.
Below are testimonies from former Forgiven and Set Free participants.
“I am a father of an aborted child. For over 40 years I carried the burden of that abortion. For me, that included the guilt of not trying to stop it, and the shame of knowing I encouraged it. I felt helpless that I could not bring my child back. I felt pain in realizing what I had done. I knew I had failed as a father to protect my own child. I carried all of this on my mind and in my heart for over 40 years! But through Oasis, God gave me a way out of all of that! I found a path to forgiveness and healing, a path to real happiness. I found the ability to enjoy life, enjoy the holidays, to laugh, not just on the outside, but deep within my heart. Now I experience joy and peace, not just peace of mind, but peace and healing that goes deep, past your heart to the deepest part of your soul. That is what I found when I came to Oasis and went through the program for fathers.” – JJ
“This [post-abortion recovery] program was the best decision I made. It took me over 47 years to get the help and healing
I needed. Honestly, I had doubts in the beginning that I could be healed and find forgiveness within myself. Through Darlene’s guidance and the structure of the program, I was able to see the other side of the wall I erected around my feelings. Praise God, my chains are gone.” –Oasis Client